Dell R940 4U Server
Dell R940 Information
Designed for mission-critical power applications, the Dell PowerEdge R940 4-socket, 3-U server helps you make real-time decisions. It comes with up to 12 NVMe drives so that you can achieve uncompromising performance.
The Dell PowerEdge R940 server empowers organizations by enabling them to make the best decisions based on real-time data and analytics in no time. This incredible server eliminates the I/O bottlenecks and provides maximized processor utilization. The R940 features 48 DIMMs (24 x Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMMs), up to 15.36 TB memory, and 50% more NVMe drives. Redefine your IT (data center) by automating and fortifying it with intelligent embedded management and comprehensive protection.
The Ideal Workloads ofR940 Server includes:
- In-memory and large, complex databases
- Unix to Linux migration
- ERP, CRM
- Dense virtualization
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Drive data-intensive workloads like SQL and SAP HANA databases with Intel Optane DC persistent memory.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
DELL 4U SERVER MODELS
Dell R940 Specifications
Server Type: 3U Rackmount Server
Processors: Up to 4 x Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
Memory: 48 DIMM Slots (Up to 6TB DDR4 2933 MT/s RDIMM and LRDIMM)
Drives: 12 Drive Slots ( Up to 24 x 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD drives)
Remote Access Card: iDRAC9 (Express or Enterprise)
Storage Controller: Required to recognize hard drives, PERC H330, PERC H730P, PERC H740P, HBA330, PERC H840 (external)
Power Supply Unit (PSU): up to 4 x (1100 Watt, 1600 Watt, 2000 Watt, 2400 Watt)
Rails: Sliding Rails (Cable Management Arm optional)Request a Quote Today
What our customers say about us
Customer-Focused IT Hardware
Since 1995, we've poured all of our efforts into delivering products that match our client's expectations and exceeds their price savings target.
With our huge inventory and industry-leading engineers, customers tell us they trust Alta for our reliability, custom configurations, parts responsiveness, lightning fast delivery and savings to boot.Request a Bid
"Aisles and aisles of servers & IT equipment. Experts at what they do."-Ryan W
Excellent Company to work with.-Jeremy S
Joe always helps me out and goes out of his way! Great Products-Kevin J
Global Logistics and an IN-STOCK inventory allow us to ship your systems, switches or parts Today!
Not only reliable, but with discounts up to 80% off of new, we have thousands of satisfied clients worldwide. Meet your IT project needs for less.
We buy back your excess IT equipment for cash offer or trade-in, providing full data erasure and ITAD services.
Our product experts know servers, storage and networking equipment, delivering decades of experience in IT hardware.